Welcome Letter to new Spring 2017 members
January 3, 2017
**Copy of email sent on December 29, 2016 to students new to the Comprehensive Plan for Spring/Summer 2017**
Subject line: Important health insurance info! Welcome to the Comprehensive Student Health Benefits Plan!
Thank you for enrolling in the 2016-17 Ohio State Comprehensive Student Health Benefits Plan for the Spring/Summer semester (spring automatically includes summer). Please read the following important information about your coverage, which is effective beginning January 1, 2017.
- See your Statement of Account in your My Buckeye Link to verify your health insurance enrollment. Per the university’s requirement, students are automatically enrolled in the Comprehensive Plan when they register for eligible classes in their first term of each academic year. If you wished to waive but have not yet done so, the deadline is TOMORROW December 31 (view instructions here). If you miss it, you may submit a 2016-17 Petition to Waive.
- Effective Comprehensive Plan coverage is dependent upon continued eligibility. Please be aware that if you make changes to your classes, your coverage could be impacted.
NOTICE FOR YOUR FIRST WEEK OF COVERAGE: It may take3 to 5 business days for system updates to process so that doctor offices and pharmacies can verify your Comprehensive Plan insurance coverage beginning January 1. If you need to fill a prescription at a pharmacy sooner than this, and the pharmacy cannot verify your benefits yet, your options can include:
- Work with the pharmacist to fill a portion of the prescribed amount, and then return later to that same pharmacy to fill the remaining amount.
- Work with your prescribing doctor to see if a sample of the prescribed medication is available.
- Fill the full prescription and pay out of pocket, then submit for reimbursement (processed in about 8 weeks).
BASICS ABOUT THE COMPREHENSIVE PLAN:
- The Comprehensive Plan offers medical, mental health, prescription, vision and dental coverage. Visit our 2016-17 Benefit Details page for more information including a member overview booklet and a detailed summary brochure.
- UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR)and HealthSmart Benefit Solutions/HealthSmart RX partner with us to administer all but the dental coverage portion of your benefits, for which we partner with Delta Dental of Ohio.
GETTING YOUR MEMBER ID CARD: A member ID card is your proof of insurance. You will need to show it when you use services. UHCSR will mail you a permanent copy of your medical and vision Member ID Card using the Home/Current Address on file in your My Buckeye Link profile. You may already have received the mailing with your card. If not, you can follow these steps to access and print a copy:
- Go to UHCSR's secure website MyAccount portal.
- Enter your name and date of birth, then select the "School Assigned ID" radio button and enter your Ohio State student ID number.
- Create a secure username and password and then click Submit.
- Log in using the username and password you just created.
- Click "ID Card information" link in the left navigation and then click "View or Print ID Card."
You can also access an electronic ID card from the UHCSR Mobile App available at the Apple or Google Play stores, but note that some provider locations may not accept this format.
For proof of dental coverage, providers can verify your Delta Dental plan by looking up your Ohio State student ID number. Alternately, you can print a dental ID card by creating and logging into your online Delta Dental Consumer Toolkit account.
KEEP YOU ADDRESS UP TO DATE AND CHECK YOUR SNAIL MAIL: UHCSR, HealthSmart, and Delta Dental may need to mail you important communications about your benefits. You need to keep an up-to-date Home/Current address on file in your My Buckeye Link so that, at minimum, you can receive the UHCSR mailing with your permanent Member ID card.
HOW AND WHERE TO USE YOUR BENEFITS:
- When you need care, first seeking services at the Wilce Student Health Center, Counseling and Consultation Service, Optometry Services, and Dental Clinics will achieve the most cost-savings, including some covered services at NO cost!
- If using one of these providers isn't possible, seek a provider within our networks: "OSU Health Plan Network" (telephone 614-292-4700) for inside Franklin County, and "UnitedHealthcare Options PPO" and "United Behavioral Health" outside Franklin County. Visit our Find a Provider website for search links, or contact HealthSmart at 1-844-206-0374. View options close to Columbus campus. Delta Dental hassearchable provider networks on their site as well. Seeing a network provider will maximize your savings.
- Need to fill a prescription? The HealthSmart Rx Prescription Drug Formulary is a list of the prescription medications that are covered and at what level.
- If you are on a specialty medication, the prescription must be sent to Briova Specialty pharmacy. Briova will fill the prescription and work with you for delivery—you and your doctor can coordinate directly with Briova at 1-800-850-9122. HealthSmart RX (1-800-681-6912) can provide information about specialty medication coverage.
- Traveling? UnitedHealthcare Global offers medical assistance, evacuation and repatriation when you are more than 100 miles from home, as well as travel assistance services and worldwide destination intelligence.
- You can also use HealthiestYou for 24/7 access to a licensed medical doctor regarding diagnosis and treatment of many different acute illness—just call the number printed on your UHCSR ID card that begins with 1-855.
A BIT MORE ABOUT PRESCRIPTION DRUG COVERAGE:
At the Wilce Student Health Center pharmacy or at any pharmacy in the HealthSmart RX network, you pay co-insurance and any applicable minimum per prescription cost at the time of pick-up. If you choose to use a non-network pharmacy, you may be asked to pay for the entire cost of the prescription up front and then you will need to submit a claim form to request reimbursement for the insurance portion.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
Thank you, and welcome to the Comprehensive Plan beginning January 1, 2017!