Tools and Resources
NOTICE: We comply with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If you are not designated in a student's active Student Information Release, we cannot share information with you. Without a release, protected information includes a student's selection or waiver and associated fees.
- Where to go for care: Map with options close to Columbus campus
- Employer Open Enrollment and the Comprehensive Plan: Good time to review your student's options
- Health insurance while away from home: Some basics to remember
- Qualifying Events for the Comprehensive Student Health Benefits Plan
- Ohio State's Guidelines for Adequate Health Insurance
- Ohio State's Select/Waive Process
- Ohio State's Student Health Insurance Benefits Plan
- Ohio State's WilceCare Supplement
- Comprehensive Plan and 1095 compliance for IRS reporting purposes
Specific to the 2016-17 Policy Year
- Find a Provider: Search where to go for coverage under the SHI Benefits Plan
- 2016-17 Member Overview Booklet (SHI Benefits Plan highlights)
- 2016-17 Comprehensive Plan Summary Brochure (SHI Benefits Plan benefit details)
- 2016 Family Session Presentation on Health Insurance
- Booklet for Families: "Compare, Decide, Confirm"
- 2016-17 Comparison Chart and Option Info
- HealthSmart Benefit Solutions manages SHI Benefits Plan claims, which means they coordinate bill payments associated with benefits that members utilize. Tel: 1-844-206-0374 or visit their site to access claims to understand what’s paid and what’s not. HealthSmart RX is the administrator for prescription drug claims, and you can call them at 1-800-681-6912.
- 2016-17 Graduate Student Presentation (General information)