2021-22 Benefit Details
UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR), HealthSmart Benefit Solutions and HealthSmart RX partner with us to administer all but the adult dental portion of your benefits, including vision. Delta Dental of Ohio is our partner for dental coverage for members 19 years and older.
- UnitedHealthcare StudentResources
- Underwrites the medical, mental health, pharmacy and vision benefits of our plan as well as providing additional travel benefits.
- Login to the UCHSR portal or download the UHCSR app to access your Member ID card and other helpful resources.
- Phone: 800-767-0700
- HealthSmart Benefit Solutions
- Administers the medical, mental health and vision benefits of our plan.
- Processes insurance claims for services submitted on your behalf by your provider.
- Login to the HealthSmart WebExchange portal to view your benefits and claims.
- Phone: 844-206-0374
- HealthSmart Rx
- Administers the pharmacy benefits for our plan.
- Maintains the formulary – a list of drugs covered by our plan.
- Phone: 800-681-6912 Option 2
- Delta Dental of Ohio
- Underwrites and administers the dental benefits for members 19 years and older.
- Login to the Delta Dental of Ohio portal to view your benefits and claims.
- Phone: 800-524-0149
- 24/7 access to licensed medical and mental health doctors and providers regarding diagnosis and treatment of many illnesses.
For the 2021-22 policy year, UHCSR will be partnering with HealthiestYou, a Teladoc company, to provide you with free, unlimited access to virtual counseling services. The HealthiestYou service gives you free access to board-certified psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists and counselors as long as you’re covered under a UHCSR insurance plan. After completing your registration, you’ll choose your provider based on your preferences and needs. Appointments can be scheduled 7 days a week by phone or video.
Your plan includes UnitedHealthcare Global coverage for travel and medical assistance, evacuation and repatriation when you are 100+ miles from home, as well as other benefits.
UnitedHealthcare Global can help with:
- Medical Assistance, Evacuation and Repatriation
- Travel Assistance services and worldwide destination intelligence
Call UnitedHealthcare Global to arrange services you need to ensure you receive these benefits. Inside the U.S. call 877-461-2273. Outside the U.S. call collect 1-410-453-6330. Email: Assistance@uhcglobal.com
- Member Overview Booklet – Easy to read highlights of your benefits.
- Comparison Chart – Fillable chart to assist you in comparing your benefits to those in the SHI Benefits Plan.
- Rates, Dates and Deadlines – Information regarding rates, dates and deadlines.
- Terminology Translator – Learn about deductibles, copay, coinsurance, networks and out-of-pocket maximum
Plan Details and Documents – not all plan documents are available. Please check back.
- UHCSR Summary Brochure – Full details of what’s covered and not covered
- UHCSR Certificate for Domestic Students – Comprehensive details for medical, vision and pediatric dental coverage underwritten by United Healthcare
- UHCSR Certificate for International Students – Comprehensive details for medical, vision and pediatric dental coverage underwritten by United Healthcare
- UCHSR Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) – An easy to read summary that lets you make apples to apples comparisons of costs and coverage between health plans
- Delta Dental Summary Brochure – Details of dental coverage for students age 19 and older and secondary coverage details for students under age 19.
Using the Plan / Accessing Your Benefits
Member ID Card
Your member ID card is your proof of insurance. Show it to providers when you use services.
- To access and print an ID card from online, go to uhcsr.com/osu, click “Login to My Account,” then click “Create Account” and then enter your name, date of birth, and Ohio State student ID number. Once inside your account, click “ID Card information” for printing instructions.
- ID cards are no longer be mailed to your address on file. A hard copy ID card is available upon request via uhcsr.com/osu.
- For dental coverage for members 19 years and older, you will not receive a permanent Delta Dental ID card. Instead, go to deltadentaloh.com and clicking “New User” under Toolkits & Resources to print one.
Your provider choices can help you save money. Use our Find a Provider page.
When seeking care, you will save the most at Ohio State Columbus-campus locations, which we call our Tier One providers:
- Wilce Student Health Center – Medical, Dental, Vision Services
- Counseling and Consultation Service – Mental Health Services
- College of Optometry Clinics - Vision Services
- College of Dentistry Student Clinics – Dental Services
If those are not available, try the next level called Tier Two (“Preferred”) providers:
- OSU Health Plan Network (inside Franklin County)
- UnitedHealthcare Options PPO and United Behavioral Health Networks (outside Franklin County)
Seeing providers who are not Tier One or Tier Two will likely result in much higher out-of-pocket costs.
For adult dental, your network locations are Delta Dental PPO/Delta Dental Premier Networks.
Your prescription benefit follows a formulary.
- A formulary is a list of covered medications organized by how they will be paid.
- To fill a prescription, you can use the Wilce Student Health Center Pharmacy or any retail pharmacy in the HealthSmart RX Network.
- Specialty medications have a separate formulary and must be filled by Accredo Specialty Pharmacy. Your doctor sends the prescription directly to Accredo (866-716-7204). Members then call (877-222-7336) to coordinate shipping. Accredo does not have storefront locations.
2021 National Preferred Formulary for HealthSmart – Effective January 1, 2021. UPPER CASE medications are Brand. Lower case medications are Generic.
For a full reference guide of all covered drugs, contact HealthSmartRX directly at 1-800-681-6912.
Pediatric Dental Benefits
UHCSR provides primary coverage for members under 19 years of age, and Delta Dental of Ohio provides secondary coverage. Dental providers can seek reimbursement payments from both UHCSR and Delta Dental, which can in turn reduce your financial responsibility.
- How it works if you're under 19:
- You need to make sure you utilize a dental provider who is part of the Delta Dental Premier and PPO Networks, or at Student Health Services and College of Dentistry Student Clinic.
- At your appointment, show them both your UHCSR and Delta Dental Member ID cards. Ask the provider to submit claims first to HealthSmart (via the information on the back of your UHCSR card) and next to Delta Dental.