The Student Health Benefits Plan, which includes medical, mental health, prescription, dental and vision coverage, is billed each semester – autumn and spring. The fee is due on the date university tuition is due unless otherwise indicated on your Statement of Account.
The Student Health Benefits Plan fee must be paid in full before benefits are available for use.
Payment Assistance Options:
- Student Financial Aid – Many financial aid packages can be used to pay the Student Health Benefits Plan fee. Please contact the Student Financial Aid office for questions about your aid package.
- If you wish to have your Title IV federal financial aid applied to the Student Health Insurance fee, Ohio State requires that you grant permission in My Buckeye Link.
- Title IV aid includes Direct Student Loans, Perkins Loans and Pell, TEACH or SEOG grants.
- For more information see FAQ’s related to Student Permission for Title IV aid.
- Post-9/11 GI Bill – The Student Health Benefits Plan fee can be paid using the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Please contact Military and Veterans Services for questions about your aid package.
- Tuition Option Payment Plan (TOPP) - The Student Health Benefits Plan fee can be paid in installments using the university TOPP.
Funded Graduate Students:
- Funded graduate students should visit Ohio State Human Resource's Student Employee Benefits webpage for information about subsidies and health insurance options.
- For additional questions related to fee payment or charges, funded graduate students should call the Buckeye Link Office at 614-292-0300.