Tools and Resources
NOTICE: We comply with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If you are not designated in a student's active Student Information Release, we cannot share information with you. Without a release, protected information includes a student's selection or waiver and associated fees.
- Where to go for care - on or near campus: Map with options on or near Columbus campus
- Employer Open Enrollment: Good time to review your student's options
- Comparison chart - Fillable chart to for you to compare your options to the SHI benefits plan
- Health insurance while away from home: Some basics to remember
- Terminology translator: Learn about deductible, copay, coinsurance, network, and out-of-pocket maximum
- Qualifying Events: List of events that allow you to Add or Drop the SHI Benefits Plan outside of Select/Waive
- Rates, dates and deadlines
- Ohio State's Guidelines for Adequate Health Insurance
- Ohio State's Select/Waive Process
- Ohio State's Student Health Insurance Benefits Plan
- Ohio State's WilceCare Supplement
- SHI Benefits Plan and 1095 compliance for IRS reporting purposes
Additional 2021-22 Resources
- Find a Provider - Search where to go for coverage under the SHI Benefits Plan
- UHCSR Summary Brochure - Full details of what's covered and not covered
- UHCSR Certificate for Domestic Students – Comprehensive details for medical, vision, and pediatric dental coverage underwritten by UnitedHealthcare
- UHCSR Certificate for International Students – Comprehensive details for medical, vision, and pediatric dental coverage underwritten by UnitedHealthcare
- Delta Dental Summary Brochure for dental coverage for students age 19 and older
- 2022 National Preferred Formulary for HealthSmart - For a full reference guide of all covered drugs, contact HealthSmartRX directly at 1-800-681-6912.
- HealthSmart Benefit Solutions manages SHI Benefits Plan claims, which means they coordinate bill payments associated with benefits that members utilize. Tel: 1-844-206-0374 or visit their site to access claims to understand what’s paid and what’s not. HealthSmart RX is the administrator for prescription drug claims, and you can call them at 1-800-681-6912.