22-23 Welcome New Members - Spring 2023!
January 6, 2023
Welcome to the 2022-23 Student Health Benefits Plan!
The Student Health Benefits Plan includes medical, mental health, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits!
Names to know: We partner with the following companies for your medical, pharmacy, pediatric dental/vision benefits, and adult dental benefits: UnitedHealthCare Student Resources, HealthSmart Benefit Solutions (they pay the claims (bills) submitted by providers), and HealthSmart Rx for prescription drug benefits including specialty medications and the formulary (list of covered prescription drugs) and Delta Dental for adult dental benefits.
- To Do #1: Set up your account with UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR) for the 22-23 policy year, and download the UHCSR app. Your Member ID card is important – you will need to show this every time you get medical or mental health care or pick up a prescription. Be ready - have it available on your mobile device or print one and carry it with you to show providers.
- To Do #2: Verify and/or update your “Home/Current” address in My Buckeye Link. The address must be current for you to receive valuable information about your benefits from UHCSR, HealthSmart, and/or Delta Dental via U.S. Postal Mail.
- To Do #3: Complete the HealthSmart Coordination of Benefits Form within the next 30 days. This is valuable information for HealthSmart- it helps them pay provider claims/bills quickly. They may also contact you by mail to ask for information. If you don’t respond, it can delay or prevent payment of your claim(s).
- To Do #4: Get your Delta Dental ID card. Visit our member ID page for more information and step-by-step instructions.
Need to fill a prescription this week? It may take up to five (5) business days before HealthSmart Rx has your information. (Please Note: Kroger Pharmacy will be out of network effective January 1, 2023)
What should you do?
- Ask the pharmacist to fill a smaller initial amount and pick up the rest in a few days
- Ask the doctor for a short-term sample
- Pay for the cost of the prescription and submit a form for reimbursement.
- For more information on this and ways to save on prescription drug costs, click on this link to the article posted on the Student Health Insurance website.
Find the Right Provider
A covered service does not always mean it is free. Some services may require you to pay a portion of the cost (your cost share) – such as a deductible, copay, or coinsurance amount. Visit our Health Insurance Literacy Tool to help understand these terms.
Your provider choices can help you save money by reducing these out-of-pocket costs (cost share). Visit Find a Provider to see a listing of Tier 1 and Tier 2 providers, and for dental, a list of campus, PPO or Premier network dentists.
Kroger Pharmacy will be out of network for the Express Scripts pharmacy network effective January 1, 2023. Express Scripts is HealthSmart’s business partner who assists in the management of your prescription drug benefits. Some of the most common pharmacies that are in-network with Express Scripts are:
- OSU Student Health Services Pharmacy
- Giant Eagle
- Equitas Health Pharmacy
- Meijer Pharmacy
- Rite Aid
If you don’t see the pharmacy you would like to use on this list, please call HealthSmart’ s Rx’s Customer Service Team at 800-681-3912.
When you are seeking medical and mental health care, you will save the most at Columbus campus providers designated as Tier 1 (where many services have no cost share):
For a list of providers designated as Tier 2 (some services have a deductible, copay, or coinsurance) visit:
Seeing providers in Tier 3 or Tier 4 may result in much higher out-of-pocket costs.
For adult dental, your network locations are Delta Dental PPO/Delta Dental Premier Networks.
More Information Regarding Your Plan
Visit 2022-23 Benefit Details to learn about your coverage including the following:
- Healthiestyou – provides 24/7 online access to providers for non-emergency medical and mental health care. You must use this link or the link to Healthiestyou from the Student Health Insurance website.
- Prescription Drug Benefit and Formulary
- Travel and Medical Assistance with United Healthcare Global
The Member Overview Booklet highlights commonly used coverage in an easy-to-read format. Use it for quick reference.
Summary Brochures and Certificate of Coverage define your policy's coverage and exclusions. Read these documents for full details.
- HealthSmart Benefit Solutions: 1-844-206-0374 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- HealthSmart Rx: 1-800-681-6912
- UnitedHealthcare StudentResources
- Delta Dental of Ohio: 1-800-524-0149
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us. We are here to help. Check our website to confirm our office hours and/or to set up an appointment. We are also able to help with most issues by phone or email.
- Ohio State Student Health Insurance: 614-688-7979 | shi.osu.edu | email@example.com | 830 Lincoln Tower
- Members using assistive technologies that experience accessibility issues may contact OSU Student Health Insurance at 614-688-7979 during normal business hours for assistance.
* Did you miss the select/waive deadline? If you have other active, annual health insurance that covers you for the academic year and do not want to remain enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Benefits plan, click here to see instructions for domestic students to waive coverage after the select/waive deadline.
Best wishes for the academic year!