Early Arrival Coverage
If you are arriving early to campus, Early Arrival Coverage provides up to four (4) weeks of extended coverage under the Student Health Insurance Benefits Plan and may be an option for you. You will be charged a pro-rated, weekly rate payable to the Office of the University Bursar. This rate will be in addition to the rate charged for the policy year term. Early Arrival Coverage is granted in weekly increments.
- International students or graduate/professional students newly enrolling at Ohio State for the first time and arriving to campus prior to the start date of their first semester's SHI Benefits Plan coverage.
- Any students required to arrive early to campus by an Ohio State academic program or co-curricular activity.
- Domestic students must submit a Early Arrival Coverage - Domestic form within three (3) business days of their arrival to campus.
- International students must submit an Early Arrival Coverage - International form within three (3) business days of their arrival to campus, and attach a flight itinerary.
- Visit the Early Arrival Coverage Rates and Dates page for details on Early Arrival Coverage.