To WAIVE the SHI Benefits Plan before the deadline:
If you wish to select the WilceCare Supplement in addition to a waiver, visit the Selection Procedures page.
Tip: Have your insurance card or policy materials on hand before you begin! Be ready to enter the policy group number, policyholder’s name and ID number, and insurance contact information.
- Log into your My Buckeye Link
- In the Finances section (middle of page), locate “Student Health Insurance” in bold on the left.
- Click the Select/Waive Coverage link that appears below “Student Health Insurance.”
- Click the Waive SHI Benefits Plan (I have other medical insurance for the academic year) button and select the Academic Term. Click Next.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to select the name of your insurance company from an alphabetized list of common insurance companies that appears. If your insurance company does not appear in the pop-out listing, don't panic: just select “Other” from that list, and then type your insurance's name into the “Insurance Company Other” box that appears below.
- Continue to enter information in all required fields as prompted until you get to the Confirmation page. When you receive a confirmation screen and number, it means you've successfully completed the process of submitting your Waiver choice and information.
- Your waiver will be confirmed as active when the student health insurance fee does not post to your Statement of Account, which can take 1-2 business days to process.
For example, if you receive your waiver confirmation screen on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, a student health insurance fee may still be on your account through Tuesday.
- Retain your confirmation number for your records, or access it at any point via the View Insurance Information link that appears below “Student Health Insurance” in the Finances section of your My Buckeye Link.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your Statement of Account reflects the appropriate health insurance selection or waiver each term, regardless of who is paying your bill and/or your academic program’s involvement in your registration.
- If the insurance information you’ve entered in your waiver changes at any point in the year, please email a copy of your new insurance card or policy information to email@example.com so that our records adequately reflect your active coverage.
To WAIVE the SHI Benefits Plan after the deadline:
If you are unable to initiate or complete the waiver procedure detailed above because
- you missed the deadline, OR
- you receive an error message in your student center, OR
- you are an international student who may qualify for an exemption as noted in this link
you must submit a Petition to Waive request for consideration. Petition to Waive requests are not accepted for a policy year that has already ended.