Benefits Brief: Spring Break reminders
March 6, 2017
For current members of Ohio State's Comprehensive Student Health Benefits Plan:
- YOUR PLAN TRAVELS WITH YOU FOR SPRING BREAK: The Comprehensive Plan covers you in every state and around the world. You can select from a nationwide network of Preferred Providers, and you have medical evacuation and repatriation services, destination intelligence, and travel assistance through UnitedHealthcare Global. Note: You must call the UnitedHealthcare Global phone number on the back of your Member ID Card before you seek care, except in cases of emergency.
- TALK TO A DOC AROUND THE CLOCK: Call the HealthiestYou Telehealth Line using the number on the front of your Member ID card to speak directly to a doctor. This service has no added fee and is available 24 hours a day if you have a medical concern and a campus resource isn’t available.
- LOST YOUR MEMBER ID CARD? A lost Member ID Card is not a useful Member ID Card, so please follow steps to get a card. It contains important phone numbers. Providers will need to see your card if you want to use your benefits.
- SPRING COVERAGE INCLUDES SUMMER: Your current benefits continue through August 14, 2017 with no changes. The spring coverage period automatically includes summer.
- SPRING GRADUATION NOTE: If you graduate this spring, your current benefits also continue through August 14, 2017. See info for graduating members.
- TERMINOLOGY TRANSLATOR: To get the most out of the financial protection that health insurance provides, it helps to speak the language. Visit our new health insurance translator for some basics.
- TAXES: UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR) must report who they’ve insured to the Internal Revenue Service. They also must issue members a report via a 1095B tax form. UHCSR can do this most accurately with a Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). Ohio State does not provide SSN or TIN information to UHCSR, but you can follow steps to securely submit your SSN or TIN.
Best wishes for a safe and happy spring break!